Monday, February 21, 2011

Work Life Balance

As some of you might no, I have been recently hunting for jobs. From the many opportunities that arose from that search one was with a BIG consulting firm. As one would imagine, my parents were excited and they wanted me to take the job...after all it was a huge name and also paid well, what more could i be asking for??!!

Surprisingly I wasnt overly excited about working there. I couldnt put my finger on it, I just wasn't a 100% comfortable with selling my soul to the corporate world so to speak. I said no and the oppertunity soon slipped away.

I saw this video last night, and now more than ever I am sure what i did was the right thing. Watch Nigel Marsh explain how important work life balance is to be left in the hands of your employer.



No comments: