Thursday, March 15, 2012

Advice to sink in slowly

You know how you have that voice inside you head that says "I am such a fool"  when you do something really silly and stupid and then says "I am totally awesome" when you accomplish anything of value?  As annoying as it is, you always tend to believe the voice and let it dictate your emotions. If you happen to be as self critical as me, god bless your soul, the negative one always tends to scream, shout and get all the attention. 

Well all of last week the little negative voice got the better of me (because of a dying project) and I was lost in a world of pain, completely doubting my abilities..and believing that the world was intact a dark desolate place! 

And that's wen I came across this poster, and boy did it change everything in an instant.



I think we spend wayy to much time in our lives letting the voices dictate out futures. TIme to ignore and just start doing :)

On That note, here is another awesome poster from them:


You can find more here

1 comment:

Rohan said...

http://www.alearningaday.com/2010/12/remember-to-be-kind-to-yourself-along.html 

--
Remember to be kind to yourself along the wayI was told yesterday - by someone I respect immensely. While I'm still trying to grasp what it means, I'm reminded of a very insightful article that spoke of a football manager whose greatest critic was himself - so much so that the journalist surmised that he probably 'wilted against his own stare'. Powerful words these.