Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Paying it forward

It's Christmas, a festival that means many different things to different people. Although I personally do not celebrate Christmas, I love getting into the festive spirit. More than the food, the decorations, the presents...what always gets me about the season is how easily people give.



This video beautifully portrays the feeling I am talking about :)

So the next time someone does something nice for you, don't worry about paying it back.....just pay it forward ....to a total stranger...and it will ALWAYS come back to you. I say that with so much conviction, because I have had it happen to me :)

Merry Christmas everyone and hope you have a brilliant New Years.

Note: Inspired by this video I just saw on TED, I am going to be on a month-long generosity experiment. The task is to say "yes"for 30 days to every request for help. Be it the dodgy guy on the street that doesn't really need the money to buy a bus ticket... or the neighbour next door that wants to share a cup of tea....I am going to say YES.

I promise to report back to you in 30 days time with the results.

3 comments:

Rohan said...

All the best! :) Merry christmas! 

Rohbot said...

You will not believe the incredibleness that has happened. I went to a restaurant, received a free meal..so I baked some cookies and handed it out to some randoms in the street. Crazy. But I shall write all about it in my next post. How is your holiday in India??

Rohan said...

Hahaha. I'm glad you had fun! :)

I'm having a nice nice break. Short, but meaningful. Loving it!